9/19/2007

 

Going off on fast food ads

As regular readers know, I have a love-hate relationship with fast food. And few categories of advertising interest me than fast food. Mark Morford writes for the San Francisco Chronicle on topics he sees fit. In this piece, he takes off on the Baconator ads from Wendy's. While I don't necessarily agree, I found this column to be hilarious. This is the thing that gets me. The imagery fast food restaurants use does not get me to go. Nostalgia can, definitely. But no major fast food place has a burger that is juicier than I can make at home. When I do it at home, it's fresher and no microwaves are ever used. It is cooked to the temperature I desire, a healthy medium-rare. And the toppings are going to be high-quality. The French fries are a different story.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?