8/15/2006

 

Candy bars in a bottle

I was in this supermercado (Spanish for supermarket). I love supermercados because they usually have items I don't see elsewhere. In this supermercado, I saw Milky Way in a bottle and 3 Musketeers in a bottle: chocolate milk designed to taste like these candy bars. This shouldn't surprise me. Marketing candy bars into chocolate milk was the next step to take. Of course, I read the ingredients on the label. The Milky Way ingredient list had sugar, high fructose corn syrup (evil), sucralose, and ace-K (acesulfame potassium), besides milk sugars. I can't imagine it tastes much like chocolate with all that sugar. And why would you need regular AND diet sweetness sources. The worst part is pretending this is "nutritious" since it has milk in it. Growing up, they tried to justify regular chocolate milk as nutritious since it had milk. Of course, regular chocolate milk is healthy compared to these drinks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?