4/04/2006

 

Jack sings the praises of ciabatta bread

In the last spot before the last segment of "The Daily Show" Monday night, a familiar character was on my screen, talking about the joys of ciabatta bread and the sandwiches made from them. He was Jack, as in Jack in the Box. But there was one problem. I don't live near a Jack in the Box. What was a regional burger chain doing in a national spot? And it gets even more bizarre. It never mentions Jack in the Box specifically. I know it's Jack because I have many antenna balls (from previous trips). It gave an URL for its new campaign breadisback.com. Some of the better lines from the ad: "No one ever said, 'That's the greatest thing since sliced lettuce.' " "Let's lift our loaves and make a toast... to toast." Fortunately, I have it on tape. But it's also been funny since my cable is running a free week of baseball/hockey to lure you to spend money. So I saw actual Jack in the Box spots from the sports cable channels on the West Coast last night. I've never heard of ciabatta. But I intend to find out more about it. I just don't know how I will get to a ciabatta sandwich from Jack in the Box.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?